Ergonomics is the study of how people fit in their work environment.
Ergonomic improvements don’t have to involve expensive ergonomic chairs, mouse, workstation products, tools or desks. Ergonomics in the office can usually combine an ergonomic assessment and setup along with helpful preventative ergonomic advice.
It is often not what we are sitting upon or standing at, but rather how we hold our body orperform the tasks that causes workplace injury.
Advice about correct trunk posture can improve your spine, head and neck alignment that results in a less fatigue when sitting at a desk for prolonged periods of time. Often a simple product will assist or remind you how to position yourself in your work or home environment.
PhysioWorks offers multiple levels of Ergonomic Consulting, Workstation Assessments, Pre-Employment Screening and Functional Capacity Evaluations. These may be arranged on an individualised or group assessment basis.
- Office and Home Office Workstation Assessments.
- Ergonomic Product Recommendations.
- Computer Use Advice including Prevention Exercises & Eye Strain Reduction Exercises.
- Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCEs)
- Pre-employment Screening
- Return to Work (RTW) Readiness Assessment.
- Suitable Duty Plans based on FCE’s where physical deficits are identified.
- Work Hardening Programs.
- Onsite and Offsite Physical and Biomechanical Assessments & Screening.