Thoraco-lumbar-sacral orthosis (TLSO) E.g. Jewett orthosis, Boston Brace
- Is used to immobilizer the spine after a spinal injury (Fracture) or spinal surgery.
- For maximum control of motion.
- Reduces gross spinal motion ( – ) in flexion, extension, lateral and transverse planes.
- Offers optimal stabilization with minimal skin pressure concerns clothing friendly and comfortable and fit.
- The TLSO may also be used post-operatively to limit mobility of a region to enhance bony fusion.
- Post operative maintain of the curvature of scoliosis.
- Compression fracture.
- Idiopathic scoliosis.
- To prevent, support and correct lower dorso lumber scoliosis.
- It is often used to provide non-operative management of:
- Burst-type fractures.
- Multi-level compression fractures.
- Other indications include restriction of mobility for pain relief due to:
- Ankylosing spondylosis.