Total Lecture: 100 Hrs
Time: 3 Hrs.
Total marks: 150
Oral / Practical: 30
- Principle, classification, techniques, physiological & therapeutic effects, indications & contraindications of therapeutic exercises.
- Assessment & evaluation of a patient (region wise) to plan a therapeutic exercise program.
- Joint Mobility – Etiogenesis of Joint stiffness, general techniques of mobilization, effects, indications, contraindications & precautions.
- Muscle Insufficiency – Etiogenesis of muscle insufficiency (strength, tone, power endurance & volume), general techniques of strengthening, effects, indication, contraindications & precautions.
- Neuromuscular In co-ordination – Review normal neuromuscular coordination, Etiogenesis of neuromuscular in co-ordination & general therapeutic techniques, effects, indications, contraindications & precautions.
- Functional re-education – General therapeutic techniques to re-educate ADL’s function.
Posture, Balance, Gait:
- Normal Posture – Overview of the mechanism of normal posture.
- Abnormal Posture – Assessment, Types, etiogenesis, management, including therapeutic exercises.
- Static and Dynamic Balance – Assessment & management including therapeutic exercises.
- Gait – Overview of normal gait & its components.
- Gait deviations – Assessment, Types, etiogenesis, and management, including therapeutic exercises.
- Types of walking aids, indications, effects & various training techniques,
- Gait Re-education.
- Introduction to special mobilization & manipulation techniques (Maitland, Cyriax, Mulligan) effects, indications & contraindications.
- Conceptual framework, principle of proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation (PNF), Bobath, Rood techniques, including indications, therapeutic effects, and precautions.
- Principles of traction, physiological & therapeutic effects classification, types, indications, contraindications, techniques of application, operational skills & precautions.
- Review normal breathing mechanism, types, techniques, indications, contraindications, therapeutic effects & precautions of breathing exercises.
- Group theory – Types, advantages & disadvantages.
- Exercises for the normal person – Importance and effects of exercise to maintain optimal health & its role in the prevention of diseases. Type, advantages, disadvantages, indications, contraindications & precautions for all age groups.
- Introduction to Yoga – Conceptual framework, various “asanas”, the body – mind relationship, effects & precautions.
- To practice assessment & evaluative procedures, including motor, sensory, neuromotor co-ordination, vital capacity, limb length & higher functions.
- To study & practice the various techniques of mobilization & manipulation of joints region wise.
- To study & practice the various techniques of progressive strengthening exercises of muscles region wise.
- To study & practice the use of various ambulation aids in gait training.
- To assess & evaluate ADL’s and practice various training techniques.
- To study & practice mat exercises.
- To assess & evaluate normal & abnormal posture & practice various corrective techniques.
- To assess & evaluate equilibrium/balance & practice various techniques to improve balance.
- To study the structure & functions of hydrotherapy equipment & their application.
- To study & practice various traction techniques, including manual, mechanical & electrical procedures.
- To study & practice various group exercise therapies.
- To practice & experience effects of basic yoga “asanas”.
- To study, plan & practice exercise programmes for normal persons of various age groups.