Total Lecture: 50 Hrs
Exam time: Total marks: 100
Presentation: 15 minutes
Viva: 5 minutes (after Presentation)
- Teaching & learning
- The qualities of a good teacher and the qualities of a good learner.
- The principles of adult education.
- The stages (levels) of learning.
- Domains/values of learning.
- Theories of learning. Identify individual learning style.
- Lesson Planning, aims, objectives and learning outcomes.
- Effective communication and teaching individuals to problem solve.
- Teaching aids, utilising existing resources in teaching situations with limited resources.
- Teaching methods, lectures, small group work – buzz groups/ snowballing, tutorials, practical demonstrations, problem based learning, role-playing, self-directed learning, mentoring and peer review.
- Critical evaluation of the effectiveness and use of teaching methods.
- Teaching styles.
- Assessment and evaluation.
- Teaching materials and aids
- Learning contract
- Teaching environment
- Student motivation-a) Method of motivation b) Need of motivation
- Multiple intelligence