Total Lecture: 50 Hrs
Exam time: 2 Hrs.
Total marks: 100
Oral / Practical: 30
Introduction: Definition, Defence mechanism, Symptomatology, Type and cause of mental disorder, psychosomatic disorder, mental illness,
Classification, diagnosis and prognosis of mental health
Details about the following:
- Psychoses: Schizophrenia (Including Paranid), Maniac depressive Psychosis, Involvement Psychosis.
- Organic mental disorders
- Personality disorders
- Affective disorders
- Psychoneurosis: Anxiety, Hysteria, Neuroasthenia, Reactive depression, Obsessive-compulsive Neurosis.
- Organic Reaction: Toxins and Infection
- Adjustment disorders
- Mental retardation: Definition, Cause, Clinical feature, and Management
- Substance abuse
- Child and adolescence conditions
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Psychotherapy: Group therapy, Psychodrama, Behavioural modification, Family therapy, Play therapy, Psychoanalysis, Hypnosis.
- Mental retardation
- Drug use in mental health treatment and contraindication
- Electro convulsive therapy
- Skills in the patient/ therapist relationship