PROSTHETICS & ORTHOTICS
Total Lecture: 50 Hrs
Exam time: 2 Hrs.
Total marks: 100
Course work: 30
- Role of Physiotherapist
- Appropriate technology
- Features of Orthotic and prosthetic device
- Prescribing procedure
- Details about wheel chair
- The factors considered in their design.
- Assessing the patient for a wheelchair, using local resources.
- Wheelchair management, maintenance and adaptations for sport.
- Special Seating: (Detail)
- Cushions, their role in pressure care and overall maintenance.
- Wheelchair posture and lower limb positions.
- The use of padding and accessories in correcting abnormalities.
- Standing Frames: ((Detail)
- The different designs for paraplegics and tetraplegics.
- Assessing for the individual and their home situation.
- Adaptations for multi-purpose or individual uses.
- Braces: (Detail)
- Indications for use, protocols for time periods etc.
- Considering pressure areas, growth areas etc. in their design.
- Calipers: (Detail)
- Factors affecting their design and suitability for the individual.
- How to assess the individual.
- The use of local resources and maintenance of the brace, including pressure care.
- Orthotics: (Detail)
- Foot bio-mechanics and assessment of abnormalities.
- Factors considered in the design of corrective footwear.
- The use of resources and their maintenance.
- The role of progressive orthotics for correction of abnormalities.
- Prosthetics: (Detail)
- The variety available in Bangladesh.
- Use of local resources, factors considered in their design and maintenance.
- Progressive time periods for their usage, considering pressure care