PROFESSIONAL ETHICS AND MANAGEMENT
Total Lecture: 100 Hrs
Exam time: 3 Hrs.
Total marks: 150
Oral / Sessional: 30
- Concept of Ethics, Medical ethics.
- Concepts of profession, professionalism and the specific nature of professional activity.
- The nature of values and their application to professional practice.
- Areas of commonality and difference between the professional practice of physiotherapists and other professions.
- The social organisation of medical power in professions, knowledge and medical bureaucracies.
- Introduction to the theory of ethics, codes of ethics and professional standards in physiotherapy (WCPT & Others).
- Medical records, writing physiotherapy patient notes, confidentiality and informed consent, practice Mal-practice.
- Conflict and resolution
- Group identity and social identity.
- Effects of social class, race and gender on communication.
- Social interaction and physiotherapist/patient interaction.
- Professional communication and relationship with patients, caregivers and other professionals and its effect.
- Anti oppressive practice, the theoretical issues and concepts i.e. the nature of the problem, discrimination, stigma, stereotyping and prejudice, Negligence.
- The importance of this knowledge to health care professionals and ways of using knowledge of the above in improving the quality of care that the patient receives.
Introduction to Management and Administration
- The definition of management
- The functions of management
- Control loop
- Qualities help for a successful manager
- The role of a manager
Quality management and function of management
- Define “quality”
- Areas of quality assurance operate
- Delivery of quality care
- The standards of practice for the physiotherapy profession relate to quality of care
- Policies, procedures, protocols and accreditation
- Areas might policies required in Physiotherapy department
- The advantages and disadvantages of protocols
- Indicators for clinical audit
Organizing, Planning, Supervision and monitoring, Evaluation and implementation.
- Planning, Different types of planning
- Strategic, operation and business or tactile planning
- Monitoring and implementation.
- The role of supervisor
- Controlling, motivational and communication role of a supervisor
- The importance of individual face-to-face meetings as a form of supervision within the physiotherapy profession.
- Different types of evaluation
- Draw a flow chart t show how an evaluation may be performed.
- Benefits of training.
- Whose job is to organizing training?
- The training needs
- How training need could be turn into an objective?
- Plan of training programme
- Different ways of training.
- The essential components of training sequence
- Importunacy time management
- Time structuring
- Negotiating commitment.
- The main techniques for good time management
- Use time effectively for staff
Recruitment and selection of staff
- 4 Stages in recruiting new staff
- When doing checklist for job analysis what are the sections that you might use?
- Job description of clinical PT, PT Lecturer, and in-patient or out patient Physiotherapist and Physiotherapy manager, Physiotherapy assistant etc
- What could be included in the job advertisement?
- Source of advertisement
- Justify staffing in different working areas
- What Physiotherapy staff you would need to role and quality service at out patients and in patients?
- Define communication
- Different ways of communication
- Advantages, disadvantages, mistakes and dangers of written communication.
- The general format of a letter
- Advantages and disadvantages of spoken communication.
- What do you understand by “listening actively”?
- The importance of body language in communication.
- The main method in Health communication.
- The standards of practice for physiotherapists deal with communication to patients /carers/ others health care Professionals.
- Advantages and disadvantages of meetings.
- Show some examples of the kinds of meetings Physiotherapists might be involved.
- Participation as an ordinary member in a meeting reference to:-
- Supporting the chair person
- Avoiding problematic behavior
- Considering points of a needs assessment
- Indication of needs assessment.
- Where can you get data about the population you will be working with a community or hospital setting.
- What kind of questions you need to ask
- Supply and demand issues
- Characteristics of a team
- Advantages of working in a team.
- The characteristics of an effective team
- The structures of team
- Possible roles of a person within a team
- Ensuring effective teamwork’s
Documentation and note keeping and audit
- Importunacy good documentation and note keeping
- The different types of records and reports Physiotherapists ma y come in to contact
- The standards of Practice in Physiotherapist deals with documentation and note keeping
- Different types of audit
- Indicators for clinical audit.
Funding and budget:
- Writing a funding proposal
- Funding proposal (Proposed).
- Mention key steps in writing a funding proposal
- “Selling points”.
- “Understanding the weakness” Importunacy of Credibility for organization.
- Budgeting importunacy
- The main steps in budgeting
- The importance of donor research
- Structure of a funding proposal
- What can you include in your back up literature?
Health Care structured
- WHO definition of health.
- Dimension of health.
- Determinants of health.
- Indicators of health.
- The characteristics of health care.
- How health care is provided in Bangladesh.
- Primary, secondary and tertiary health care structure in Bangladesh.
- Typical Thana health complex.
- What is NGO?
- Why NGO’s are effective