PHYSIOTHERAPY IN CARDIOPULMONARY
Total Lecture: 100 Hrs
Exam time: 3 Hrs.
Total marks: 150
Oral / Practical: 30
1) Review of Subjective and Objective Assessment of respiratory patient.
2) Review of mechanism of normal respiration.
3) Chest examination, including auscultation.
4) Knowledge of various investigative procedures (invasive & noninvasive) used in the diagnosis of various respiratory disorders.
Review of pathological changes and principal of management by physiotherapy of the following conditions:
- Bronchitis, Asthma, Lung abscess, Bronchiectasis, Emphysema, COPD.
- Pleurisy and Emphyema, Pneumonia.
- Bacterial Disease.
- Rheumatic fever, Carcinoma of respiratory tract.
- Paralysis of diaphragm & vocal cords.
- Chest wall deformities.
Review of pathological changes and principle of pre and postoperative management by physiotherapy of the following conditions:
1) Lobectomy, Pneumonectomy, Thoracotomy, Thoracoplasty, Endoscopy & eye hold surgeries.
2) Corrective surgeries of congenital heart defects, angioplasties, blood vessel grafting, open heart surgeries & heart transplant.
1) Review of Subjective and Objective Assessment of Cardiac patient
2) Review of anatomy & physiology of the cardiovascular system.
3) Knowledge of various investigative procedures (invasive & noninvasive) used in the diagnosis of various cardiovascular disorders.
- Review of pathological changes and principle of management by Physiotherapy of coronary artery diseases, valvular diseases and conductive heart diseases and vascular diseases.
- Physiotherapy in ICU
- Pre and postoperative Physiotherapy management.
- Physiotherapy in Spinal cord lesion.
- Arterial blood gases analysis.
- Cardiopulmonary function testing.
- Adult respiratory distress syndrome.
- Methods to increase lung volume.
- Methods to clear secretion.
- Methods to decrease breathlessness.
- Ventilation and perfusion and position of patient to optimize ventilation –perfusion ratio.
- Oxygen therapy.
- Post myocardial infarction protocol.
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation programme.
- Postural drainage.
- Breathing control
- Active cycle of breathing techniques.
- Thoracic expansion
- Glossopharyngeal breathing.
- Manual technique
- Chest clapping
- Chest shaking
- Mechanical aids used in cardio respiratory problem.
- Peak flow meter.
- Incentive spirometry
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).