Total Lecture: 200 Hrs
Exam time: 3 Hrs.
Total marks: 200
Oral / Practical: 50
- Gross and Microscopic
- Structure and function of Muscle tissue – skeletal and cardiac.
- Chemical processes involved in muscle contraction.
- Physiology of muscle contraction.
Physiology of exercise and work:
- Neuromuscular activity, human movement, physiological mechanism in movement behavior, strength, endurance, analysis of movement.
- Circulatory and respiratory response to exercise including effects on the heart blood circulation, body fluid changes, pulmonary ventilation, gas exchange and transport, etc.
- Effects of exercise and work on other body functions.
- Metabolic and environmental aspects of exercise and work – metabolism, energy requirement, efficiency of muscular work, nutritional aspects, heat and body temperature regulation & environmental factors.
- Effects of Exercise training – endurance, fatigue and recovery.
- Fitness and health – age, sex, body type, race, stress and medical aspects of exercise.
To study the following Physiological Phenomena:
- Identification of blood cells and different counts (W.B.C. & R.B.C. Count, Hemoglobin percentage and colour index).
- S.R. and Blood groups.
- Bleeding time and clotting time.
- Respiratory efficiency tests.
- Artificial respiration and C.P.R.
- Pulse rate, Heart rate and measurement of Blood Pressure.
- Respiratory rate and Auscultation.
- Normal E.C.G.
- Reflexes- Superficial & Deep.
- Sensations & Motor function.
- Tests for functions of Cerebrum.
- Tests for functions of Cerebellum.