Total Lecture: 100 Hrs
Exam Time: 3 Hrs.
Total marks: 150
Oral / Practical: 30
- Introduction to principles of surgery and its procedure.
2. Shock – definition, types, clinical feature, pathology & management.
3. Hemorrhage – common sites, complication, clinical features & management.
4. Blood Transfusion – Blood group matching, indication & complication.
5. Anesthesia – Principles of anesthesia, types & procedure.
6. Wounds, Tissue repair, Classification – Acute Wounds, Chronic wounds, Scars & their management.
7. Wound infections: – Physiology and manifestation, Types of infections & their management.
8. Tumors and Ulcers: –
- Tumors – Types & management.
- Ulcers – Types & management.
9. Burn – Causes, Classification, Clinical features & management
10. Skin Grafting – Indications, Types & management.
11. Hand Infections – Types & Procedures.
12. General Injuries – Types & management.
13. Complications of Surgery.
14. Abdominal Surgery – Types of Incisions & common surgical procedures.
15. Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery – Types of incisions & common surgical procedures.
16. Common Neuro-Surgery- Types of incisions & common surgical procedures, complications and their possible management.
Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pregnancy, stages of labour & its complications, indications & Types of surgical procedures.
- Gynecological disorders – Salpingities, parametritis, retro – uterus, prolapse of uterus, pelvic inflammatory diseases, urinary incontinence.
- Common inflammations and other infections of eye.
- Blindness – common causes & management.
- Refractions – Testing, errors & remedies
- Strabismus – Types, features & corrective measures.
Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT)
- Introduction – Outline mechanism of audition, olfaction & speech.
- Classify causes of hearing impairment, assessment techniques, conservative & surgical management.
- Hearing Aids – Types & indications.
- Outline common ENT infections & which affect hearing, breathing, speech & their management.
- Outline the function of vestibular organ, its common disorders & their management.