CLINICAL PRACTICE (PEDIATRIC)
Total Practice: 150 Hrs
Total Marks: 100
- Revision of relevant subjective and objective assessment techniques with emphasis on relevance to paediatric conditions, planning the objective assessment, problem lists, treatment plans and short and long term goals.
- Practical application and interpretation of objective tests.
- Definition, types and classification, causes, pathology, and clinical signs and symptoms of cerebral palsy, Spina bifida, hydrocephalus, Downs syndrome and Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
- How the conditions affect the various anatomical structures and the affect on the developmental process.
- Problems that result from the conditions including secondary problems, which arise as a result of, initial abnormalities and how they progress, as the child gets older.
- Physiotherapeutic techniques, the concept behind treatment approaches and their practical application.
- The role of the parent.
- The importance of play for a child.
- An understanding of the practical application of treatment differences between adults and children