CLINICAL PRACTICE (ORTHOPEDIC)
Total Practice: 150 Hrs
Total Mark: 100
Clinical practice: 100
- Revision of relevant subjective and objective Assessment
- Revision of, the definition of fractures, the clinical features of fractures and appropriate physiotherapy during the different stages of healing including cautions and contra-indications.
- Physiotherapy management (Pre and post operative) of all orthopaedic condition including fractures, diseases, dislocations, deformity, soft tissue injuries, soft tissue transfer, repair and reconstruction.
- Fractures of the lower limb, upper limb, pelvis and spine.
- Dislocation of the elbow joint, gleno-humeral joint, acromio-clavicular joint and sterno-clavicular joint.
- Therapeutic exercise: Isotonic, isometric, passive, active, and resisted.
- Planning a progressive exercise regime, and a home exercise programme.