Bangladesh Physiotherapy Association (BPA)
No. of Vacancies
Job Description / Responsibility
- Job Context:
- The four rehabilitation professional associations i.e., Bangladesh Physiotherapy Association, Bangladesh Occupational Therapy Association, Bangladesh Society of Prosthesis and Orthotics, and Bangladesh Speech and Language Therapy Society, in partnership with Handicap International Bangladesh is implementing a three-year EU-funded project titled ‘Towards global health: strengthening the rehabilitation sector through civil society’. The project started in January 2016 and will continue until December 2018. The overall objective of this project is to contribute to universal health coverage, by supporting the Government of Bangladesh’s compliance with World Health Assembly resolutions on rehabilitation and disability-inclusive health care systems, as a basis for optimal health, functioning, well-being and human rights of people with disabilities. The specific objective of the project is to enable civil society organizations, specifically rehabilitation professional associations, to build multi-stakeholder consensus on defining and strengthening the health sector, particularly rehabilitation, in Bangladesh.
- Role overview:
- The four rehabilitation professional associations will jointly establish a Secretariat in Dhaka to manage and coordinate the implementation of partnership activities with Handicap International Bangladesh. The Administrative Officer will be based in this Secretariat and under the line management of Project Coordinator will be responsible for the management and the implementation of the financial, administrative and logistics aspects of the partnership activities of the rehabilitation professional associations.
- Specific responsibility
- Manage the day to day secretarial, administrative, and financial and logistics related tasks of project.
- Develop necessary project documents
- Operate financial transactions and maintain books for accounts and prepare periodic report on finance and logistics aspects.
- Maintain proper inventory of project resources and materials and prepare report.
- Work as a focal point of security issues of the Secretariat and staff members
- Monitor and evaluate performance on key security issues and undertake or recommend corrective action where appropriate
- Organize and coordinate meeting between stakeholders and prepare and/or edit meeting minutes,
- Collect different information from various stakeholders as and when needed
- Disseminate the information among professional organization/ stakeholders
- Prepare presentations and reports for Project Coordinator as directed time to time
- Maintain appointment calendars – arrange, coordinate and prioritize complex scheduling and logistics.
- Drafting letter, memo, proposals, etc as per the instruction of the Project Coordinator.
- Attend meeting with Project Coordinator & take notes on the discussion, prepare meeting minutes.
- Handle all travel arrangements (domestic and international) including hotel accommodations, airline reservations, rental cars, office & site meeting venues. Sending meeting confirmation emails.
- Up-to-date with e- mail on behalf Project Coordinator and update all information accordingly.
- Maintaining communication/contacts/liaison in a way that delivers a positive image of associations..
- Accumulating various reports on behalf of the Project Coordinator
- Initiating & follow-up actions on pending important issues.
- Any other task assign by Project Coordinator
- Education Possession of a Master’s degree with a major in business administration/ accounting/ management.
- 3 to 5 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Accounts, Administrative, Communication/Public Relation/Media, Field or Project Organizer, Finance/Accounts
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
Hospital, NGO, Healthcare/Lifestyle product
Additional Job Requirements
- Age 25 to 35 year(s)
- 3-5 years experience in administrative and financial management work in NGO/ government/ private/ Health sector.
- Honest, punctual, sincere, smart and able to work with minimum supervision.
- The applicants should have solid experience in MS office operation. English & Bangla Typing skill is essential.
- Willing to travel in different locations of project within the country.
- Written and oral communication in Bangla and English is desirable
- Working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Encourage to apply the people with disabilities having required qualifications
Tk. 36000 – 41000
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting